Teams must submit their registration information and proposals by May 31 at 5 pm.
Email an electronic version of your proposal to Mike Tarkanian, firstname.lastname@example.org
Team leaders will receive an email confirming the receipt of your proposal.
Proposals should include the following:
- Team name and team leader
- Team members, MIT affiliations, contact info, short bios
- Project abstract <200 words
- The problem statement and goal of your project
- Overview of the team’s proposed device or material, its design and technical performance
- Review of the intellectual property space and relevant literature for the project and its incorporated technologies
- Disclosure of your own "prior art": research or work you have carried out that applies directly to your entry in MADMEC
- Expense estimates
Please submit your application as a PDF.
Shortly after the May 31 deadline, the MADMEC panel of judges will select qualified teams to continue participation in the contest. These teams will receive up to $1000 in funding to build their prototype device. We will release the names of the teams selected to participate in MADMEC as soon as possible after the May 31 deadline.